Wednesday 27 July 2016

DIY wooden wing Jumps (Part 4)

In this final instalment, we would talk about options for jump cups.


In my previous post Making wing jumps without going to the hardware shop, I have used our trusty cloth peg as jump cups. But in this post, I'll share with you the other stuff I use in making my jumps.


From shops
By far the one that uses the less brain power is to simply buy from overseas. Here there are a few online shop you can get your jump cups.
Clean run :- Flexi strip (Chose the flat back), Single piece in bag of 20
Amazon :- 3/4" Jump cups (these fits perfectly on 2cm thickness and can slide), 3/4" mould jump cups (not much experience with these)
eBay :- Enter the key word "Dog agility Jump Cup", personally, I find ebay Uk to be a better option in terms of shipping to Singapore


DIY
Yes, part of the fun of this project is DIY. So naturally I'll explore using DIY methods to create your own. While I am currently exploring various household items that can be modified to be jump cups, one of the easiest, and field tested method is the use of the furniture leg guard. I got a size 32 leg guard, cut it into 2 and them screw it onto the wood. Simple and straight forward.
   


It's made of rubber so that it wouldn't accidentally cut into the dog. The texture creates a nice grip between the cup and can holds non-weighted jump bar well.


As of this writing, I am still exploring various method of DIY jump cups including use of 25mm rubber hose, wooden blocks, magnetic jump cups, self locking jumping cups ....etc....


These are still in the conceptual and experimenting stage and I would address them in subsequence post. If you have any other great ideas for DIY jump cup, I would be happy to hear from you....

No comments:

Post a Comment